Talk

Advanced search

Lack of sleep

(5 Posts)
kaylouise86 Sun 16-Oct-16 14:33:42

How do people cope with lack of sleep? Lack of sleep means (for me anyway) lack of patience. I'm not turning to energy drinks...I. Need. Advice!

Gillian1980 Sun 16-Oct-16 21:28:24

I drank far too much coffee, had a horrid temper and cried a lot 😔

Honestly, I don't know how people get used to it. I was fortunate that my dh knew how much I was struggling and would make sure he took dd the second he got home from work so I could nap.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 16-Oct-16 21:34:27

I do too much and burn myself out. I'm a sahm so if I 've had a terrible night I will go out with ds, do lots of cleaning or just be busy to forget how tired I am. I cannot abide long days at home feeling groggy. I'm an insomniac and have a poor sleeper baby ds so right now I'm exhausted.

Heathen4Hire Sun 16-Oct-16 21:37:39

I am a shift worker. I try and exercise for an hour a day, usually walking. I avoid stimulants:
Tea and coffee
Cola
Chocolate
Alcohol
Energy drinks
Drugs

I also avoid sugar when on nights and anything that might give me heartburn like onions and pepperoni.

Avoid screen time on your mobile and too much TV. My brain is too busy and works like a washing machine after going on the Internet shortly before retiring. Read a (boring) book or listen to an audio version instead.

Try some relaxation/breathing exercises and play calm music. If it's available, have sex!

KL16 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:02:24

That's probably where I'm going wrong, I do everything you're not supposed to do before bed! Lol. Oh dear 😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now