Hand holding - first night for baby in own room

(8 Posts)
Babasaclover Fri 14-Oct-16 20:42:05

Need some support - fear tonight may be tough. 5 month old baby going in own room for first time.

Physically and emotionally wrecked as she has me up so much. Tonight is the night to make a difference. Husband and I are both ill, coughing and sneezing and generally being loud so seems a good time to put her away from us.

Any advice or just general hand holding gratefully received!

ijustwannadance Fri 14-Oct-16 20:44:44

No advice but don't worry, she will be fine!

Babasaclover Fri 14-Oct-16 21:34:06

I've been in bed an hour and have baby monitor with video but can't get to sleep myself despite being exhausted confused

Pipsicola Sun 16-Oct-16 08:21:32

How did it go? I know it's easy to say not worry but try not to.

Babasaclover Wed 19-Oct-16 15:43:32

It was great actually. So glad I did it! As she now only gets me up once a night for a feed.

I think we must have been disturbing her.

Yesterday was the first day I've felt human in months!

Thanks for asking wink

Pipsicola Wed 19-Oct-16 15:59:20

That's brilliant news. From personal experience putting baby in her own room was one of the best decisions we ever made. Both us and her get much more sleep. Happy parents and happy baby!

Beansprout30 Wed 19-Oct-16 18:42:18

Well done long may it continue! I'm not looking forward the day my girl goes into her own room!

Gillian1980 Wed 19-Oct-16 19:54:10

Well done and I'm glad it went well. We all slept so much better once dd went in her own room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now