Talk

Advanced search

Swaddling older baby

(8 Posts)
denimmum Tue 11-Oct-16 20:53:23

Our LB is 4 months and always wakes himself with his startle reflex. So we have began swaddling. We received some swaddleme wraps as a present and tried one but he only just fits in it. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good swaddles to use for older babies please??

Cocolocos Tue 11-Oct-16 21:51:52

Swaddle Up is good, as it allows a bit more movement but still calms their startle reflex. Got ours online from JoJo Maman Bebe.

denimmum Tue 11-Oct-16 22:41:38

Thank you I'll have a look

denimmum Wed 12-Oct-16 06:43:10

Any other suggestions please?

kiwipie Wed 12-Oct-16 06:53:37

I loved the love to dream swaddles.

Redkite10a Wed 12-Oct-16 07:02:41

We used the Love 2 Dream bags too. As well as the swaddling bags, you can buy 50/50 bags where the arms zip off. We found these very useful to break my son of sleeping in the bags once his startle reflex died down at about 6 months - and you can then use it as a lightweight sleeping bag. You can get them from Amazon, Jojo mama be be, or 2nd hand off Ebay.

Cocolocos Wed 12-Oct-16 10:31:45

Just to add, although not a swaddle, we also used (still do) the baby merlin magic sleepsuit. Bought on Amazon. It's padded and restricts their flailing startle reflex, and is cozy for winter. Still using it now at 10 months.

drspouse Wed 12-Oct-16 10:42:16

Summer Infant do a larger size swaddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now