Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping alone

(3 Posts)
hannahjj Tue 11-Oct-16 10:02:42

Hi!
Any advice greatly appreciated as have got ourselves into abit of a rut!
My baby is nearly 11 months and still breast fed, completely my fault but I have always fed her to sleep and then placed her in her cot asleep, she then wakes a while later and I feed her again (she's not actually feeding just using me a dummy really) put her back down and then same thing happens again a while later and again until we go to bed and I can't be arsed to keep doing it so she comes in my bed and sleeps all night snuggled up with me!
She can't self settle as I have never taught her and I think I've broken her!!
I need to wean her off the boob when she's one and panicking how the heck I am going to get her to sleep?? She needs to be in her own bed and stay in it, she is nearly one!
I can't let her cry it out as she would just get more and more upset and I can't face it, and I know I would crack and get her out, when she wakes up in her cot she sees she's alone and gets upset, it's all my fault I should have sorted this ages ago but I kept thinking she isn't little for long etc etc and now I don't know what to do!
Is there a magic way to get a baby to sleep in her own bed all night with no boob or crying?? Someone tell me there is 🙏🏻😂
Seriously any help appreciated
Thank you x

hannahjj Tue 11-Oct-16 21:57:29

Anyone??

WilliamHerschel Tue 11-Oct-16 22:09:26

Is there a reason you need to wean her off the breast at one? Her behaviour sounds normal to me. If you want to stop it though you could look up the no cry sleeping method. I think it involves getting the baby close to sleep and putting her down and gradually moving further away...it's been a while since I read about it but I think that's the jist. It should come up if you google it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now