Talk

Advanced search

FTM Snuzpod or sleepyhead in cot?

(10 Posts)
bradleybecky Sun 09-Oct-16 09:34:34

No idea! Any experience with both? Is the Snuzpod worth investing in? Or does the sleepyhead work just as well in a cot. ...but would obviously need to get up.
Or stick the Sleepyhead in the Snuzpod? Then move it over to the cot! ?

BlueBee31 Sun 09-Oct-16 10:12:51

We had both and stuck the Sleepyhead in the Snuzpod until DS was about three months (he's a big boy and needed more wiggle room). After that he was just in the Snuzpod and now, at 5 months, he's in his cot.
We never attached the Snuzpod to the bed but liked that we could have it right next to the bed, and that it had a longer lifespan than a moses basket would have done. We could have put the Sleepyhead in the cot but then the cot would have been further away.
Sleepyhead was amazing for daytime naps downstairs and for taking with us when we went away.
Long and short...glad we had both in the end.

PatMullins Sun 09-Oct-16 10:18:59

I think the sleepyhead is the only one approved for overnight sleep if that helps at all

BowiesJumper Sun 09-Oct-16 10:51:04

The snuzpod is for overnight sleep!
We had the sleepyhead in the snuzpod for about 5 months and then he was just in the snuzpod until 6/7 months when he went in his cotbed (or our bed more often!).

PatMullins Sun 09-Oct-16 19:01:11

Sorry, my mistake smile

bradleybecky Sun 09-Oct-16 20:12:49

Yeah think I'll do that.... I can see sleepyhead being super handy for naps downstairs too....thanks!

bradleybecky Sun 09-Oct-16 21:19:07

wait..how do you protect these things and keep them poo/pee free!?

welshweasel Mon 10-Oct-16 09:46:08

Sleepyhead in snuzpod, was fab. Used sleepyhead all around the house for naps and for sleeping in when we went away for the night. Stopped using it around 4 months, he stayed in the snuzpod on its own until 7 months then went into the big cot. We used to put a folded muslin under his head to catch any sick, poo/wee leaks were generally contained in the sleeping bag but the cover is washable (think we had to wash it 3 or 4 times but is dries quickly).

Nan0second Mon 10-Oct-16 13:34:01

Sleepyhead in cot here. We took one side off and made cot level with bed!

Sweetpotatoaddict Mon 10-Oct-16 13:52:01

Just a snuzpod here, used merino swaddles for first couple of months and then sleeping bags. Both slept with no issues, waking only for feeds.
I would wait and see what sort of sleeper you have. Never used the sleepyhead, as we've somehow been blessed with great sleepers.
The snuzpod has been great, used for our first then lent to friend. Now currently in use for dc2, with a new mattress. Will sell it on afterwards cause it still looks like new. Have used it with the side down, and love not having to get out of bed for feeds at night time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now