Talk

Advanced search

2.5 year old - waking since big girl bed

(3 Posts)
sillygoof Mon 03-Oct-16 08:17:30

I'm at a loss as to what to do - has anyone got any advice?

She went into a big girl bed at around 2 years old and pretty quickly figured out that she could get out of bed and come to our room. Since then, it's rare she stays in bed all night. We've tried stickers and a gro clock, but it hasn't worked.

We take her straight back to bed and she does go to straight to sleep, on her own, but will do the same a few hours later.

She doesn't cry, doesn't even talk to us. Just wakes up, walks in, and goes back to sleep when we go in.

I genuinely don't know what to do. I don't know if it's a bad habit, I can't see any reason why she's waking, and she's always self settled so it's not like she needs us to help her sleep. I've spoken to 2 different health visitors - one had no idea what to do other than 'that sounds weird' and the other suggested she drops her 1h nap, but I genuinely can't keep her from dropping off after her lunch. But it's disturbing our sleep, and I'm 7 months pregnant now so I need as much sleep as possible!

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions? Thank you!

FATEdestiny Tue 04-Oct-16 21:02:51

If put her back in a cot

FATEdestiny Tue 04-Oct-16 21:03:09

I'd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now