Talk

Advanced search

Blanket under baby?

(3 Posts)
JaclynLouise Sat 01-Oct-16 22:19:35

My little girl is 4 days old, and although she is my second, I co slept with my previous daughter.
Every night I have slept with this one in my arms as well, but I did buy a swinging crib that sits next to my bed with the intention of settling her in it!
I wondered though, can she lay on top of a baby blanket?
I ask because I know you need to have a good firm mattress, but my bed is softer and putting a blacken underneath her means I can slightly nestle her in it to mimic being in my arms more, does anyone know if this is okay? It's my first night trying it so if not I'll take her straight out, just a bit unsure is all smile

Youhaveupdates1 Sun 02-Oct-16 15:53:03

My ds2 is 8 weeks old and he is a cold baby, he has to be so wrapped up which I am not used to as my first son was and is always boiling!
I have just started wrapping a comfy blacker over his moses mattress to keep in some warmth and he has been ok but the sides are tucked under, then I have wrapped/swaddles him in a baby blanket and he loves it! I tried him with a grobag but he just wouldn't settle as too cold plus he loves feeling cosy!

Congratulations flowers

soundsystem Sun 02-Oct-16 15:58:23

Yep, I was told to put a blanket under DD to keep her extra warm (she was a Winter baby and our house is freezing!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now