Talk

Advanced search

2.5yr old waking in night

(3 Posts)
mrsyeti Fri 30-Sep-16 13:03:56

My 2.5yr old DD has always been a fantastic sleeper from 6.30 - 6.30 from about 3 months. However she was potty trained around 3 months ago, all of her own doing, and since then sleep has been a nightmare.

She is dry during the day and night and we went through a period of a couple of weeks of night terrors which we put down to be potty training so we now lift her when we got to bed at 10pm, she has a big wee and then slept through again to between 6am & 6.30am

For the last month or so she is now waking around 2am - 4am saying she needs a wee. Has her wee and then the issues start, she won't go back to sleep on her own (has always gone to sleep on her own) and screams that she needs a wee or a poo, which she doesn't, and then will only go to sleep if myself or husband will sit with her.

I can't let her scream too much as her sister who is 7 months is in the next room

Sorry for the long post but any help or advice would be great

Thanks in advance

FreedomMummy Fri 30-Sep-16 13:07:37

Have you tried limiting when her last drink is in the day? When our DD was first dry at night her last squash was at lunch time and her last drink of the day was 330/4. We still limit her intake now at 5.5 yrs.

mrsyeti Fri 30-Sep-16 13:26:26

Thank you! I was cutting down her milk at 5.30 to a couple of mouthfuls but maybe I will slowly bring it forward and see what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now