Talk

Advanced search

Awake for hours at night

(7 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Mon 12-Sep-16 07:39:13

It's usually been getting ds to sleep that's the problem but not so much now. For a week he has been waking between 1-3am for approx 2/3 hours. He used to wake but could shove a dummy in his mouth and off he'd go. Not now. He's wide awake. Why?!?!?! Can't take it any more. Has this happened to anyone else? He's about to turn 1 x

fluffikins Mon 12-Sep-16 07:46:18

I always find these 'party time' type wakes are linked to development so he's probably about to do something new like walking/talking etc

Fuzzyduck21 Mon 12-Sep-16 08:01:33

I did wonder but he is already walking confidently and thought it too early to talk? Who knows! Hope you're right grin

fluffikins Mon 12-Sep-16 08:37:54

Mine is only just walking at 14 months but has been talking for a while. Not sentences or anything but she can name all the farmyard animals, say yes and no and name foods and water etc is I'd say it could be that, or just developing something we don't notice like a slight difference in hand coordination or something random!

LadyMC1 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:20:13

I'm going through this as well. DS is 4 months and awake for 2 hours each night around 2am. hmm I can't even feed him back to sleep! It takes a whole load of rocking and singing to get him back to sleep. He's not crying - he's perfectly happy and chatty but just not sleepy. Could it be the same?

LadyMC1 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:20:52

Sorry for hijacking your thread! Just wanted to see what solutions people have for you :-)

KP86 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:39:34

For the poster with the happy and chatting baby, leave them (if in own room). Save yourself the heart ache!

For others, it is a nightmare, and short term I probably handled it badly, by letting DS (then around 17m) watch the iPad so I could snooze next to him. We had not long immigrated so it was partly jet lag as well. But that creates a habit...

What did resolve his night waking was dropping the second day sleep. Might help for you guys? He started sleeping longer after lunch and straight through at night.

Good luck! It's hell, but do whatever you need to get through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now