Anyone's baby sleep better out of the Sleepyhead?

(7 Posts)
Heloise1982 Sun 11-Sep-16 07:09:15

We got the Sleepyhead when we were in the throes of the 4 month sleep regression (baby is tiny so fitted fine) and it helped massively. Now he's 7 months and starting to fuss and wake in it again. He's been rolling well for about a month now and I'm just wondering if he'd be better off being able to turn into his tummy to sleep, or whether losing the Sleepyhead would make things worse. (He still fits fine in it, so I don't think he's uncomfortable in that sense.) I don't mind having things get worse before getting better, but don't want to just make things worse full stop. Anyone got an advice? Am I just clutching at straws??

golfmonkey Sun 11-Sep-16 12:07:01

I'd just bite the bullet and try one night. My older dc was in it till 7-8 ish months though couldn't roll till 14 months and didn't crawl. She was in the sleepyhead in her cot then we just took it away one night and she was fine. Once she did roll, she slept on her tummy. She was in a sleeping bag in both.
Dc2 is in there now so we will see if it goes as well second time (unlikely!).

minipie Sun 11-Sep-16 22:58:56

Yes at about that age we took it away and I think she slept (a bit) better. It was fab in the newborn days though.

TopsyZZZ Sun 11-Sep-16 23:07:00

We're in exactly the same position as you OP. Tried taking it away last night but after an hour of frantic leg movements and increasing frustration we put it back and she slept soundly. We know we need to wean her out of it but she loves the comfort. DH says she'll just have to learn, whilst I've been on amazon looking at the sleepyhead grand! I can see an argument coming on, but he gets to go to work in the mornings ;).

FuzzyOwl Sun 11-Sep-16 23:18:21

My DD was able to turn onto her tummy in the sleepyhead and I now usually find her fast asleep in the mornings face down at the wrong end.

Heloise1982 Mon 12-Sep-16 07:20:11

Well, we tried it last night. He settled fine, woke for a feed at midnight (quite early for him), went back down fine. Then he woke at 3 and cried and cried, even after a feed I put him back in the Sleepyhead and he still cried, and seemed so unhappy that I gave him some Calpol (not something I've ever done before!) and he finally went back down til 7. He's being very nippy at the boob this morning, so I'm wondering if there is something teeth related going on, in which case it might not be the best time to play around with his sleeping arrangements.

I'm not too fussed about losing the Sleepyhead for the sake of it, and don't even really mind getting the Grande, even tho it is exorbitantly priced. I just want him to sleep a bit better! I've got a toddler and his twin brother as well, and I'm losing it a bit through lack of sleep!

fluffikins Mon 12-Sep-16 07:48:42

Nippy is definitely teeth in my experience. We have the grand, she does sleep without it but tends to end up head against the bars and wakes more so as we have it I use it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now