Talk

Advanced search

Do grow clocks really work?

(12 Posts)
FindingSmeagol Tue 06-Sep-16 21:55:08

I'm aware my current problems may soon be solved by the nights drawing in but.... Dd is almost three and is up and raring to go anytime between 5-6. Im utterly exhausted. She's not one for snuggling in bed and wants to be playing from the moment her eyes open. Are they worth the investment or are they just a bit gimmicky? Is she too young for it? Any other tips on prolonging her sleep greatly received.

flanjabelle Tue 06-Sep-16 21:56:05

It has worked for my nearly three year old dd. Along with a hefty side of bribery.

Chaby Tue 06-Sep-16 21:56:40

Didn't work for us at all

sunnydayinmay Tue 06-Sep-16 21:56:58

It worked for my ds. I'd give it a go.

Bagina Tue 06-Sep-16 22:01:44

I think they're great. How else are they supposed to know if it's the middle of the night or morning? The client ks can't make them sleep, but it gives you something to refer to. Dc1 is an early riser but knows to play quietly until the sunshine comes out. Dc2 will go back to sleep if the sunshine's not out as she likes to sleep.

You can't set it to 9am or something, though, as they might get a bit pissed off with the clock and stop obeying it!

strawberrypenguin Tue 06-Sep-16 22:01:51

It works for us. DS has had his since he was 3 - we still use it now he's nearly 5 and he learnt very quickly that he had to stay in his room if his star was on - preferably in bed trying to go back to sleep if not playing quietly

Bagina Tue 06-Sep-16 22:02:30

Client ks=clock

kelper Tue 06-Sep-16 22:02:52

Didn't work for my DS, but in theory they do sound good, and every child is different

MummaMeerkat Tue 06-Sep-16 22:03:18

Both mine have used the groclock from the age of 2 and it has worked for us. The story book that comes with it really helped to reinforce the message that we stay in bed until the sun comes up. If your Dd is waking between 5 & 6 I would initially set the clock for 6 and then put it back by 10 mins every other day until you get to a more reasonable time. For our DC the clock is set for 7 am. Good luck

Bagina Tue 06-Sep-16 22:06:09

Also if I wake early at 4am, for example, I put ear plugs in. They block out a lot, but if the kids were shouting or crying for me I'd still hear them. Blocks out the "playing quietly"!!!

SpeckledyBanana Tue 06-Sep-16 22:07:56

Helped my two, yes.

FindingSmeagol Tue 06-Sep-16 22:13:13

I didn't know it came with a story book too. Good night moon was a resounding failure unfortunately.

bagina I'll try to resist setting it for 9am wink

I'm going to get one and give it a whirl. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now