Is this really happening?!?

(3 Posts)
chloechloe Mon 29-Aug-16 18:44:31

DD is 17mo and ever since she was around 8 weeks I've been trying to develop good sleeping habits (based on the Baby Whisperer). She was always a terrible napper though and used to fight sleep, and also went through some truly awful phases where she was wide awake for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night.

However for the last couple of months she's been going to bed at 7 as always, falling asleep by herself and not making another sound until 6am! Last night she even finished her bedtime milk, pointed to the stairs and showed she wanted to go to sleep!

For the last 3 days' naps I've put her in her cot and left her and she's gone to sleep on her own, whereas before she would only sleep on me or in the pram!

If I've learnt anything from being a mum it's that everything (bad or good) is just a phase! So I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts.

I don't want this to come across as gloating - but maybe all those months of hard work establishing a routine have finally paid off! At the moment it just seems too good to be true!

somefarawaydream Mon 29-Aug-16 20:00:02

Oh this is so nice to hear! As mum of a non sleeping 6 month old, with everyone around me having babies that sleep (or babies that they say sleep!) it can really really feel like it's never going to end and I'll just be a zombie that tries to get a sleep refuser to shut their eyes forever.

Thank you flowers

chloechloe Thu 01-Sep-16 18:33:46

Thanks faraway! Hang on in there. I found that there was a big turning point around 8 months, when they go through a developmental leap and start linking their sleep phases together. Plus they're a lot more physically active and eating more solids which seems to help with sleeping. I hope things look up for you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now