Talk

Advanced search

9mo won't lie down!

(4 Posts)
graysor Sat 27-Aug-16 14:16:24

Having made some great progress recently we've been putting dd (9mo) down awake in her cot, and she goes to sleep with not too much fuss.

But we have a new challenge. She's worked out how to get up into sitting position, and now as soon as she is laid down she sits straight back up. She can't work out to get back down, so she just cries and cries. I go in and lay her down again, but she just pops up again.

I spent a hour doing this last night, and 45 mins just now for a nap, and in the end I resorted to rocking her to sleep before putting her down. Obviously I don't want to get back into that habit.

So, I assume this is a phase, but how long will it last? And how do I get her to sleep in the meantime?

Nan0second Sat 27-Aug-16 14:22:14

Just keep laying her back down. Over and over again. She'll get it and you'll be sorted until she learns to stand and then it happens again! (And again for walking sigh)

graysor Sat 27-Aug-16 17:58:31

Hmm. I thought that would be the answer. Although I was hoping there would be a magic solution!

Will have to steel myself for bedtime!

InsaneDame Sun 28-Aug-16 20:19:03

I vividly remember DS2 working out how to stand and wander around his cot. He used to babble away to himself and bounce around/gnaw at the bars for ages. I used to let him get on with it until he got upset then I would lay him back down at which point he had normally tired himself out so he went to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now