We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why am I so tired?!

(13 Posts)
bugsey123 Thu 11-Aug-16 15:44:42

So my baby has started to consistently sleep through the night the last week or so- 3 months old!! I'm so lucky BUT ever since I am so tired!!! More tired then when he was waking 3-4 times a night?! I'm thinking it's because my body's not use to it now, and I'm going into a deep sleep.. Anyone else had this! Btw I'm soooo not complaining xxx

Tumtitum Thu 11-Aug-16 18:44:33

I had this. I thought it might be because I was suddenly staying up a bit later and also drinking more wine than I had been ;) now DD has stopped sleeping through and I'm kicking myself for not going to bed earlier before!! grin

bugsey123 Thu 11-Aug-16 18:58:46

Haha!!! Tbh I never go to sleep before 12 but once iv done dream feed etc it's late! How old is yours! What a shame there not sleeping through sad

Tumtitum Thu 11-Aug-16 19:53:16

6 months. I had a few glorious weeks after the 4 month regression of sleeping 7-4... Now she has a good stretch at the start of the night but from 11/12 onwards it's anyone's guess how many times she'll be up! shock we just started trying to introduce a dream feed but hasn't made a difference so far sad

Tumtitum Thu 11-Aug-16 19:53:48

Ironically she slept brilliantly until she was 3 months and then it all went to crap!! confused

Littleelffriend Thu 11-Aug-16 19:55:51

This is me. I feel like I can't complain because my 12 week old has slept through since 5 weeks. But she doesn't nap during the day so it's relentless. I wouldn't change her sleeping but it's hard.

Tumtitum Thu 11-Aug-16 20:03:59

Mine hates to nap and wakes up all the fricking time at night confused thank god she sleeps the evenings so I get some time out and she isn't grumpy even when she's clearly knackered; I don't think I could cope with no sleep and a grumpy baby!!

Nottalotta Thu 11-Aug-16 20:26:52

I'm tired because ds is 1 and has slept through once, about 6 months ago. Oh and I'm pregnant. I long for sleeping through! Get to bed earlier!

bugsey123 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:48:43

I do need to get to bed earlier! Your right.. But I'm getting 6/7 hours interrupted sleep which is brilliant so confusing why I feel tired! Body's gone into shock I reckon!! Xx

bugsey123 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:49:57

Tum that's rubbish!! Xx

Missgraeme Thu 11-Aug-16 21:54:00

Adrenaline gets us through those first weeks I think and then reality hits and so does the exhaustion!

flumpybear Thu 11-Aug-16 21:54:07

Go with the flow - you're sleepy because you're shattered!!! Get your sleep and make your husband help share the mornings so you can sleep in!!!

bugsey123 Fri 12-Aug-16 06:54:02

Went straight to sleep after the dream feed and lo woke up at half 5- partner got up with him and woke up and had him till 6.15 when he had to go to work.. I had a cool shower which helped! I feel loads better... So far!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now