Advice re moving from cot bed to bed

(6 Posts)
GoLightlyHollie Tue 09-Aug-16 22:56:00

Hello
My 2.5 year old sleeps 7-7 in a cot bed. She's only little so can't get out of it herself. I always said that when she got out (or fell out) was when we'd take the sides off the create a toddler bed. However we are off on holiday in 3 weeks time where she will be in a normal size single bed. (I will put cushions on the ground to prevent any gainful falls)
Should I put her in a toddler bed now to get ready for being in a big bed on holiday?
Or should I have her in the big bed on holiday and revert back to a cot bed when we get home?
Or should I request a travel cot?
I'm probably over thinking this but I'm not sure what the solution is so any thoughts appreciated.
Thank you

Cakescakescakes Tue 09-Aug-16 23:01:09

Ask for a travel cot. Don't mess with the sleep around holiday time!

Writerwannabe83 Wed 10-Aug-16 21:41:08

Travel cot!

A couple of months ago I put my toddler into a toddler bed and it was hell! Me and DH had a month of dealing with DS's shenanigans and all the sleep problems the bed caused but we just couldn't take it anymore and we put DS back into a cot.

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Wed 10-Aug-16 21:43:15

Travel cot. Don't mess about upsetting your holiday. When you come back you could use it as a fresh start - ' you're a big girl now who's been on holiday, let's put you in a big girl bed' etc. But don't risk your holiday relaxation and sanity!

TooTweeOrNotTooTwee Wed 10-Aug-16 21:51:33

Yes to the travel cot! DD was in her cot bed until she was 3.something, can't quite remember. But moving her into a toddler bed was sooo hard and to be honest we've still not really cracked it. She's 4 in two weeks shock

tutulove1 Fri 12-Aug-16 17:31:27

Am I the only one whose kids were great going in a toddler bed at just gone 2 years? I never had any problems, they might have fell out once but never did again. As long as they understand what your saying I might have had to put them back in bed a few times but they soon got the jist, I've never looked back.
I do agree with the others though about waiting until you get back from your holidays before starting a new routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now