Talk

Advanced search

Solids and sleep?

(9 Posts)
Tumtitum Tue 09-Aug-16 20:50:22

DD just turned 6 months today. We just started introducing solids gradually over the past week. Mainly finger foods and a bit of baby porridge and yoghurt. Two meals a day max but not really eating much yet. Her sleep has gone to shit again! From sleeping or at last waking but self settling from 7/8-3/4 to just waking up allll the time and last night was wide awake 2-4am confused possibly teething too altho doesn't seem to be in much pain. Occasionally does huge farts grin does weaning disturb their sleep??

ashley0710 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:18:35

Not that I'm aware of it doesn't? But they do go through development leaps & sleep regressions and they can massively impact sleep, have you got the wonder weeks app? Gives some good info

Tumtitum Tue 09-Aug-16 22:47:52

Yeah have wonder weeks but she's been in her current leap for ages even when she was sleeping well!

fluffikins Thu 11-Aug-16 14:49:19

Yes it can as they might have a bit of an upset tum/wind. It'll settle.

Tumtitum Thu 11-Aug-16 15:27:49

Fluffikins thank you for giving me some hope!! grin

Nottalotta Fri 12-Aug-16 19:59:02

Yes ds had a few upset weeks when he first started. It's not surprising, 6 months of milk only then all manner of stuff to eat!

Tumtitum Fri 12-Aug-16 20:21:49

I've given it a bit of a rest today, just some baby porridge this morning. Think I'll take it slowly the next week to give her little tummy time to adjust. She's been doing some cracking farts, louder than DH!!! blush

Eminybob Fri 12-Aug-16 20:33:20

I did actually find this happened with my DS.

I put it down to him not having as much milk during the day (he was ebf) because he was having the solids instead, but then because he wasn't getting enough to fill him up he was making up for it over night. Just my theory though.

He soon settled down and was sleeping through by 7/8 months

Tumtitum Fri 12-Aug-16 21:44:50

Eminy , I did think of that as even though she's not actually eating that much she has been taking slightly smaller feeds, eg one boob instead of two. Sometimes though she doesn't seem to really want to feed, I offer just to get her to sleep then she's still awake for like an hour afterwards!!! confused I've slowed down the introduction of new foods a bit and hoping that helps...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now