Talk

Advanced search

Sleep and teething, can I have both?

(7 Posts)
IAmSeriousAndDontCallMeShirley Mon 08-Aug-16 23:29:01

My 10MO DD is teething and wakes up screaming in the small hours. She is inconsolable, we simply can't soothe her.

Have tried Calpol, teething gels and so on- any other ideas on how to settle her? It's heartbreaking.

minipie Wed 10-Aug-16 11:18:01

Have you tried baby Nurofen? Much more effective than Calpol for teeth due to the anti inflammatory.

ACatastrophicMisintepretation Wed 10-Aug-16 11:21:30

I don't know why but the teething powders you can get seem to be very effective on my son, couple of brands do them, I have Nelsons I think. They're about £5 for 24 little sachets, all natural but really seem to cheer him up

minipie Wed 10-Aug-16 11:35:04

I suspect it's because they are very sweet ACat

They contain lactose - milk sugar - and xylitol a sweetener.

DD likes them too grin

ACatastrophicMisintepretation Wed 10-Aug-16 12:35:15

Ha ha maybe! But they really seem to take away the teething symptoms too, including the nappy problems!
I thought they were some kind of magic, I feel misled (and a bit dim!) blush

IAmSeriousAndDontCallMeShirley Wed 10-Aug-16 13:58:56

Thank you for the advice. Will give the granules a go. Have tried Neurofen too, but after 2 hours she's upset again.

Terrible nappy rash too. Bloomin teeth! X

minipie Wed 10-Aug-16 14:30:41

To be fair Cat they do also have chamomile which is supposed to help. I'm just an old cynic wink.

Anbesol is the other thing I've found to be pretty effective. It's much more powerful than other teething gels (different active ingredient)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now