Talk

Advanced search

Screaming at night and neighbours

(8 Posts)
HonniBee Sun 31-Jul-16 17:57:13

I'm an exhausted and l overwhelmed first time mum. My baby fights sleep. All of the time. If I don't wear him in a sling he will be hysterical until midnight. We have battled through and are finally finding things that seem to work (for now...)

My concern is the neighbours. We're in a terrace so it must be clearly audible. Would it be odd to drop over a bottle or box of chocs to let them know we're aware it's shit?

Nottalotta Sun 31-Jul-16 18:46:23

I don't think it would be odd at all, it's hard when you are a considerate person why wouldn't dream of disturbing neighbours, then have a screamy baby. I hope things do improve for you.

apatheticfallacy Sun 31-Jul-16 18:49:22

My neighbours have all been really understanding when I've apologised. I think it's polite to do so if you feel like it. I think anyone who's had a baby themselves (and most decent people!) will understand that you're not choosing to make your baby cry - it's just what they do and hearing one is just one of the risks of living in a terrace.

I hope you get some sleep soon!

29redshoes Tue 02-Aug-16 10:49:40

I think that's a lovely thing to do. Don't worry too much though - I live in a flat and I'm sure the neighbours have heard screaming through the walls but whenever I mention it they pretend they haven't heard a peep! It's very sweet of them. I think people understand.

DaftPunkIsPlayingAtMyHouse Tue 02-Aug-16 14:03:31

flowerschocolatebrew and winefor you, OP.

I've been there and it's so shit. DS2 cost me a couple of bottles of wine to the neighbours. They were very understanding.

thundernlightning Thu 04-Aug-16 01:56:18

We're in a flat with thin walls, and DS is noisy too. We gave our neighbours little packages of foam earplugs (and we regularly top them up with more!)

PeachBellini123 Fri 05-Aug-16 07:49:33

I think that wouls be a lovely thing to do and building relationships with neighbours will always stand you in could stead.

LapinR0se Fri 05-Aug-16 07:57:09

How old is your baby honni? Can you tell us a bit more about the screaming, does it seem like she is in pain or overtired?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now