Talk

Advanced search

5.5 month old started waking every hiur

(9 Posts)
KLG3101 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:46:57

Out DD has always been a good sleeper (luck!) She had her last feed at 645pm and is asleep by 7pm. This used to be until 530am whete she would babble away until I fed her at 6am. However the past week she had been awake every hour after 2pm, what's all that about? Any advice?

I generally give her, her dummy and she falls back over but the broken sleep is exhausting. I plan on weaning her on the next 2 weeks.

Cinnamon2013 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:21:46

My 5.5 month old is doing exactly the same. My son was the same. I'm pretty sure it's sleep regression/developmental. (Google 4 month sleep regression if you haven't already). I think we just have to wait it out. So tough though!

Cinnamon2013 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:29:08

People will tell you otherwise (or at least they are doing with me) but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have much to do with hunger.

Squaffle Wed 27-Jul-16 19:29:51

Sorry to hear things are tough sad Have you tried feeding her at 10-11pm? Our DD is slightly younger than yours but she will sleep through after the feed ('Hungry Baby' Aptamil) if we do this, and if not she'd be awake regularly after 2am as well. Good luck with it, hope it's a very short phase! x

KLG3101 Wed 27-Jul-16 22:00:58

Thank you for your replies. I did read about the regression Waugh I thought it might be.
tried feeding her at 10/11 but this just resulted in her waking more regularly for feeds!

I will wean her next week and see if that makes a difference hmm

HeyRobot Wed 27-Jul-16 22:12:21

Could it be the weather? My 7 month old has been sleeping more lightly and I think is maybe more thirsty as it's been warmer. I like hot weather but I'm going off it as DD has been uncomfortable and restless.

Ladylolly Thu 28-Jul-16 08:02:56

My LO started doing this at 5 months still doing at at 7 months confused. It's the worst. Would love to hear if anyone has a solution.

KLG3101 Thu 28-Jul-16 20:58:24

I did think she might be hot so is in a 1tog sleeping bag with her window open. She's been napping during the day so shouldn't be over tired. I'll update once I start weaning at the weekend.

Ladylolly sorry to hear that and yes it is the worst! I feel awful tonight and have taken a sore throat which is probably because I'm rundown!!

HeyRobot Fri 29-Jul-16 19:11:37

How did it go last night? I haven't found weaning to make much of a difference to be honest, but i hope it does for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now