Talk

Advanced search

9mo has actually given up sleeping

(10 Posts)
BusyCee Sat 23-Jul-16 20:01:45

She's always been a bit more troublesome with sleep, but because she's #3 we haven't ever had the wherewithal to actually do anything about it. She has finger food, yoghurt and BF on demand.

For the last couple of nights she's had a BF at the usual time, but instead of then going to sleep as usual, she's woken up again, and then fannied about/cried/thrown toys out of her cot until 830/9.

Today she's had maybe 30mins sleep during the day. And she still wide awake. Sitting in her cot, playing with toys, crawling about.

What the fuck is going on? And how do I make her sleep? I need a break and can't carry on like this....

BusyCee Sat 23-Jul-16 20:21:05

She's still not asleep. She woke up at 630. she's fine during the day, but this can't be good for her surely...

T0ddlerSlave Sat 23-Jul-16 20:30:15

Umm how is she in the day, is she a grumpy bum? My DD is a toddler but has really not been sleeping in this heat. Don't have a huge amount of advice sorry.

BusyCee Sat 23-Jul-16 20:36:05

She's delightful and smiley. Entirely unphased. Im on my knees.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 23-Jul-16 20:37:37

I think it's the heat, how about stripping her down and giving her one thin blanket

BusyCee Sat 23-Jul-16 21:03:25

She's naked but for a nappy.

Am hoping its temporary due to the heat. No other explanation. Unless someone wiser than me can come up with something...

puglife15 Sat 23-Jul-16 21:36:12

Wonder week plus heat? Although if she's happy in the day I wouldn't stress. What is she doing now, screaming or just quiet but not asleep?

Andsenditsoaring Sat 23-Jul-16 21:43:01

Teeth?
Why have you got toys in that cot?

QuiteLikely5 Sat 23-Jul-16 21:43:58

Try opening the window before she goes down to make sure the room is cool

BusyCee Sun 24-Jul-16 20:13:56

Hang on people. We have the white tip of an incisor

Thanks for your time. The poor child has got 5 new teeth within 5wks, I was hoping for a break rather than a continuous cycle. But hey ho. Once they're through they're through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now