Talk

Advanced search

Cosleeping safety

(4 Posts)
Sunsandandsea Mon 18-Jul-16 22:46:41

So I've been cosleeping with dd more or less since she was born, she's 11 months. Don't plan on changing it until she wants to sleep in her own bed as she sleeps well right through and just rolls over and closes her eyes, main concern is making the bed safer should she decide to start rolling around etc. We sleep in a king size bed, wondered whether to get the foam bumpers for under the sheet put them at the bottom of the bed, and maybe add a bed rail too?

How we currently sleep dd is on the side nearest to the wall, top of bed is against wall, I'm obviously blocking the side I'm on, which just leaves the bottom open to potential falls. Any advice appreciated ..

Sunsandandsea Tue 19-Jul-16 13:14:22

Anyone?

heehaaw Tue 19-Jul-16 13:19:00

We have a bed guard on one side & either DP is on the other, or I sleep on that side if DP isn't there. DD has never been tempted to go to the bottom of the bed, bedguard goes about halfway down the bed. Once they get to a certain age they are so large you'd be aware of them climbing out anyway. Plus DD prefers to wake up then either smack me on the nose or pull my eyelids apart shouting "EYES OUT MUMMY!". The joys of cosleeping!

Coconut0il Wed 20-Jul-16 22:42:03

I needed to start this thread. DS2, 11 months rolled out of our king size last night sad He went back to sleep pretty much straight away but I felt awful.
Have a bed guard on tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now