Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping with ALL the lights on

(7 Posts)
BeccaAnn Wed 13-Jul-16 18:46:56

Hi, I'm going on a camping trip soon with my DS, my partner and his DD.
We're all looking forward to it bu tI have one little niggle.
Neither myself, partner or my DS can sleep with the lights on, but his DD has not only her bedside light on but the main room light, the door open and the hallway light on too. she is 12. we have tried using one of those little lights tha glows red and its not enough. has anyone got any tips?

(she lives with her mum who doesnt see an issue with it)

Thanks in advance.

minipie Wed 13-Jul-16 18:56:40

Just wondering if she might not need as much light if you are all in the tent with her - because she won't be alone?

BeccaAnn Wed 13-Jul-16 19:04:14

we tried with one of those red lights earlier in the year and no dice, with us all in the tent. it ended up that the had the 'big' tent light and we just slept badly (not idea for long drives)
Its at home as well, is it normal for a kid that old to have all the lights on?

ShatnersBassoon Wed 13-Jul-16 19:08:14

Well you know it's not normal, having once been a 12 year old yourself, who would have known lots of other 12 year olds.

Sleepybunny Wed 13-Jul-16 19:11:40

Can you not just get some eye masks? Seems a shame to try to battle with this issue on a fun trip. Especially as her mum wouldn't follow through with any new routines.

InsaneDame Wed 13-Jul-16 19:13:23

It's not normal for any kid, let alone a 12 year old. What is her reason for wanting all those lights on? I wouldn't like I've put the kids to bed if the lights were still on!

ShatnersBassoon Wed 13-Jul-16 19:15:36

Put her in a tent on her own?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now