Talk

Advanced search

Sleep Anxiety

(4 Posts)
MissK1981 Sat 09-Jul-16 14:26:01

This seems like such a selfish post, but I get so totally anxious about putting by darling LG down every night. She's generally such a good sleeper but I panic every night that it's going to be a bad night and we're not going to get any rest. I'm already panicking about tomorrow night... i hate feeling like this, I keep on reminding myself of the millions of mom's who do it every night, but I can't get past this anxiety. Does anyone have any advice?

ToffeeForEveryone Sat 09-Jul-16 16:25:23

I feel like this a lot more when I'm really overtired myself. How much sleep are you getting? Can someone else take the night shift and let you have a full night (or two) uninterrupted in another room?

Also helps me to remember that baby waking in the night, even several times, is totally normal and doesn't mean anything is wrong. It's not something to be worried about for your LG, just meas you have to take care of yourself and find a way to make up the lost sleep.

Or failing that [coffee]

Babysafari Sat 09-Jul-16 21:44:22

How old is she?

I know what you mean I can get a bit like this. I need my sleep so I was so anxious about night feeds, worrying if they'll go back to sleep and how many times they'd wake.

I think try to get as much sleep as you can, early nights, naps in the day if you can.

Babysafari Sat 09-Jul-16 21:45:38

It does pass remember eventually you get all your sleep back and even a lie in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now