Talk

Advanced search

DD is wild. How do I get her into bed?

(6 Posts)
Ohflippinheck Tue 05-Jul-16 19:59:07

I've been trying to get 2 year old dd to bed for two hours. 3 hours last night.
We've created a sleep monster and I don't know what to do next.
She's utterly wild, she's figured out how to climb up on to the changing table to get to shelves which are literally head height. I've had to drag the bloody thing out of her room over a baby gate.
Yesterday I went back to check on her after 5 minutes and she had a mouth full of stickers.
Trying to do the super nanny thing of not engaging and just putting her back in bed but she either refuses of just gets straight out.
This is awful, am I doing the right thing?

T0ddlerSlave Tue 05-Jul-16 20:14:14

Not loads you can do tonight, but I'd be tempted to take all furniture apart from her bed out of her room and leave her to it. Or tie drawers closed with tight string knots at bedtime.

DD 2.4 went into a bed this week and after a good start has started trashing the room. If I go in it just keeps her awake so she's rocking the minimalist look and taking at least a couple of hours to wind down.

I'm hoping the novelty wears off soon so I can give her books to read like she used to have in her cot.

If she's really crying and yelling like tonight I do go in periodically and put her back in bed and point out the gro clock and tell her night time is for sleeping.

poocatcherchampion Tue 05-Jul-16 20:15:54

What's her sleep normally like?

My 2 were crazy tonight but finally settled when I basically ignored them (with old "back in a minute" line)

grounddown Tue 05-Jul-16 20:19:40

There is definately something in the air these last few days. I got so annoyed with my 2 earlier I told them father christmas would knock a present off their list. I was desperate!!! I think it worked though grin

Ohflippinheck Tue 05-Jul-16 20:29:09

She's just gone into a bed too T0ddlerslave, she started off ok for the first week but then decided to start running around. And now it's escalated and she's so mad she's climbing and teaching things. angry

Her sleep has never been great poocatcher and we have been sitting in her room until she drifts off but it's got to stop as I've pretty much had no evening for 2 years now.
I will have to clear her room out tomorrow so she's got less to distract her.
She's just standing at the gate crying, I feel horrid.
We tried controlled crying when she was absby but it didn't work. I'm really worried it won't work now either and I'll have psychologically scarred her sad

Ohflippinheck Tue 05-Jul-16 20:30:39

Trashing, not teaching!
And a baby, not absby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now