Talk

Advanced search

FF and co sleeping question

(10 Posts)
5minutestobed Wed 29-Jun-16 13:00:39

I am really struggling with putting my newborn back down in his cot after feeds so am considering co sleeping. I know it's meant to be really useful if you are Bf as you can feed lying down but how does it work for FF? Do you still sit up to do feeds? Does anyone do it and have any tips?
Thanks.

Ladylolly Thu 30-Jun-16 07:50:45

We BF and bed share as LO is going through sleep regression but started in a snuzpod co-sleeper cot as was wary of bed sharing. Maybe try something like that as Bedsharing isn't recommended for FF babies. The Gentle Sleep Book explains it all.

InFrance2014 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:46:49

Might be some useful info here, you can co-sleep and FF but it is risky because you are less likely to be attuned to the sleep cycles than when BF, therefore you sleep heavier and are more prone not to react to baby. Follow safety guidelines in the link
www.isisonline.org.uk/

Onthedowns Thu 30-Jun-16 17:54:19

I co slept and formula fed and my sleep was very light there is mothers intutution regardless of breast or bottle as long as your careful with covers and pillows

Timetogrowup2016 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:35:13

I ff and heat every bloody noise dd makes.
I don't see how bf can change that

BlackVelvet1 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:24:34

I think with FF you would sit up, even BF I would sit up most of the time as it's easier to wind the baby when sitting up and DD wasn't good at feeding laying down either (DS was no problem but was much stronger). I usually sit up with my back to the wall and a good pillow behind me and have sometimes (often) fallen asleep like that. Other tip, I bought a king size cotton cellular blanket on e-bay and use that instead of a duvet. Bed is a Japanese futon too so very low to the ground (bed frame is akin to small wooden pallets).

UmbongoUnchained Sun 03-Jul-16 19:29:39

I formula fed and co slept with daughter until 18 months. Can't see why there would be any differences? I used to feed her lying down.

Pico2 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:33:43

We FF both of ours and coslept. I think I sat up to feed them then propped them up on my shoulder to sleep. I know I did that with DD2 as she would puke if I lay her down after a feed. Probably not ideal, but it worked. We had a cosleeper cot attached to our bed, so I'd move them over if possible, but DD1 is 5 and still will sleep on my arm given the chance.

GothicRainbow Tue 05-Jul-16 08:54:18

We FF and co-slept with our DS1 (haven't needed to yet with DS2) I struggled with sitting in bed to feed but had a chair in the room so would feed in that and then both just jump back into bed and snuggle down. I think every mother is in tune to her baby regardless of Bf or FF so please don't feel like you can't co-sleep. Just make sure you follow the safe sleeping guidelines.

5minutestobed Tue 05-Jul-16 21:33:38

Thanks, I think I will try and take the side off the cot and make it a co-sleeper, hopefully I can transfer him into there. I'm sure I read somewhere you shouldn't bottle feed lying down but I can't think why not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now