1 nap at 11 months

(4 Posts)
waitingforsomething Wed 29-Jun-16 04:33:23

2nd child, first one dropped morning nap slowly from 14 months and was down to 1 at 15 months.
DS is 11 months and refusing to sleep in the mornings the last three days. I can see he's a bit tired (eye rubbing) but he will not sleep in his cot, pushchair or carrier and is just going bananas whatever I try. I can't put him down at 11-1 as I have to pick my other child up from pre-school at 11.30 so he is having to wait until 12.30/12/45 where yesterday he slept for 2 hours. He normally sleeps through until sometime between 6 and 7. The last time he had a morning nap he had randomly woken for the day at 5.30

Is this it? A regression or do I accept that it's on it's way out? Has anyone else had a sudden morning nap dropper so young?

RNBrie Wed 29-Jun-16 04:38:42

I'd say a year is pretty much spot on to drop a morning nap. Both mine went from two naps to one long lunch time nap at around a year. Lunch at 12, nap 1-3 ish.

Marshpillow Wed 29-Jun-16 05:07:29

My DD had dropped her 2nd nap completely by 10 months, she's now 15 months and has been having one nap around 12-2. I thought this was really early to be only having one nap but it seemed to be what she wanted!

waitingforsomething Wed 29-Jun-16 05:59:33

Well it's 1pm here, he's been awake since 6.15am and he is still going royally bananas about having a sleep. Keeps just sitting himself up. I hate naps, hated them the first time I had a child, still hate them now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now