Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 month old bedtime

(3 Posts)
mrsmoomoopoopoo Thu 23-Jun-16 19:55:35

8 month old dd is ebf and a bottle refuser.
She goes to bed at 6.30 and every night without fail she wakes about 30 mins after she's fallen asleep crying and the only thing that will settle her is feeding her.
How can she be hungry when she is fed just before she goes to sleep?

I have tried sending DH into settle her but she just gets even more upset and then I end up going in and feeding her.

She has dinner at 5.30 bath at 6 milk and bed at 6.30.

This situation doesn't bother me I'm just curious why she does it.
I'm supposed to be having my first night out next week but can't as when she wakes I need to be there to feed her as she won't take a bottle.

Any thoughts anyone?

Coconut0il Thu 23-Jun-16 22:22:43

My DS2 does this, I think it's comfort rather than hunger. Like he's checking that I'm theresmile
He is also a bottle refuser. I've only been out a couple of times since having him but DP normally pushes him back and forth in the pushchair and he sleeps downstairs till I get back. He finds it easier to settle him in a totally different way so DS2 doesn't expect me. Every now and then I don't think it hurts. I always feed DS2 before I go out so he's definitely not hungry.

Sapphire123 Fri 24-Jun-16 00:09:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now