Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

baby rolling on to tummy and not staying asleep in cot

(10 Posts)
s098 Wed 08-Jun-16 06:53:33

Dd has just turned 5 months and sleep hasn't been great for a while. She seems to like sleeping on her side so will often settle when put on her side. She's had a virus over the weekend since her last set of jabs so this hasn't helped the sleeping but seems over the worst of it now.
But she's now learnt to roll over in the cot which would be fine if she wanted to sleep on her front ( she is on a sensor mat) but she just wakes herself up.
She also falls asleep whilst being bf then wakes 5 mins after me putting her down. I think she prefers sleeping on/ with us but i really struggle to sleep like that and it doesnt feel safe.
Things are generally not too bad at the first wake up but after 3am its a nightmare. Starting to feel really frustrated with the whole situation now
Anyone got any suggestions on how to get her back to being happy in the cot?

DiggersRest Wed 08-Jun-16 07:34:51

Dd2 is almost 9 months and is rolling onto her knees in her cot. I'm watching this to see if you get any good advice as I've got nothing sorry!

Nottalotta Wed 08-Jun-16 14:41:36

Ds woke up for several nights when he learnt how to roll, the decided he liked it on his front. I started putting him down on his front and it worked a treat. At 10 months old he is now waking himself up crawling......

Pookythebear Wed 08-Jun-16 14:48:05

When DS was around the same age (and doing the same) I rolled up a small towel and put it under his mattress to create a ever so slightly raised area. It was just enough to stop him rolling over; as a reassurance it didn't take him long to roll every which way and isn't a problem now. But like pp is waking up in a crawl position now, haven't nailed that one yet...

TeaBelle Wed 08-Jun-16 14:51:36

Have you tried a thin gro bag? It took dd a bit longer to roll over in hers!

s098 Wed 08-Jun-16 17:38:27

Will look forward to the waking up crawling then 😕
You might have made a very good point there TeaBelle, she was in a sleeping bag untill she had a temperature on friday then the weather got warmer so I've avoided putting it back on. She might of started rolling over since then! ( brain is a mess from having caught her cold and lack of sleep)
Think we might of been given a thin one so I'll have to look.
She did roll onto her front and have a nap earlier so weather she'd settle if i just left her but she seems really awake when she does it and is looking around

Nottalotta Wed 08-Jun-16 19:50:01

My ds would be up on his hands looking around in a puzzled way but soon worked out he was comfier on his front.

The crawling though, it's like sleep crawling. Often with his face rubbing along the mattress. Hope it settles soon.

s098 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:33:40

Aw bless him!
Dd awake after 30mins again so just tried putting her on front in the hope she will get bored but she makes so much noise then starts shouting.
Fed up sad

Nottalotta Wed 08-Jun-16 20:38:59

Oh it's hard isn't it? Ds has never been a great sleeper but things improved alot after he learnt to roll and I could put him down on his front. I was hugely paranoid about it for a while but he goes down on his front easily now. Just a thought though, when he is sleep crawling I wonder if turning him onto his back would help.....it's like he's not properly awake. Trying that tonight!

s098 Wed 08-Jun-16 21:05:47

Yep its so frustrating how they can be deeply sleeping then 5 mins later wide awake for no reason. Hopefully it'll help then when she can roll from her tummy to her back so she's not stuck.
That sounds worth a try hopefully then he'll just stop what hes doing. Hes obviously dreaming about exploring bless him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now