Talk

Advanced search

Moving my 9m/o from bed to cot! Any ideas?

(5 Posts)
span199 Tue 07-Jun-16 00:04:24

Hi! Myself and Hubby have had DS in our bed since birth, I wasn't too happy at first b/c was scared as is first baby, but all was well and it's been lovely having him nxt to us and obviously he loves it, he's now nearly 9 months old tho and is proper crawling around everywhere and in the night crawls over us wen he wakes, as he's still having 3 bottles through the night! I think it would be safer for him to go into the cot now, and also I think he would get a better nights sleep and maybe... Hopefully.... Drop a couple of feeds?! I'm not sure how to go about it tho, we've moved the cot into our room and I bought all the bedding today, but what do I do? I mean I can't do controlled crying straight away can I coz he's gona be freaked when he realises he's not in our bed anymore!! Any help from you guys wud be amazing! Thanku xx

waitingforsomething Tue 07-Jun-16 02:15:30

Does he go to sleep alone or is he fed/rocked? Controlled crying may not be necessary if he can already put himself to sleep.
You might want to look up the gradual retreat method for getting him to be happy in his cot/room

Why are you putting the cot in your room? Do you not want him to be in his own room yet?

fluffikins Tue 07-Jun-16 08:56:34

The no cry sleep solution has some good tips about this (it's a book)

span199 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:58:36

Well we've moved the cot in with us just so he feels a bit more secure, I think it would be too much moving out of our bed and into a strange room in one go, we've only lived here 2 months, I usually put him in bed with a bottle and lie nxt to him till he falls asleep

span199 Wed 08-Jun-16 23:05:29

Thankyou fluffikins I'll look it up smile 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now