Talk

Advanced search

toddler early waking

(9 Posts)
Sukistjames Mon 23-May-16 05:45:28

My previously good sleeping 21month old DD has started waking up at about 5am every day. It's beginning to really affect me as I already am knackered constantly due to illness.
Could it be something so simple as the early sunrise waking her?

bringonthrsummer Mon 23-May-16 06:55:17

My two year old is the same and also wakes 2-3 times in the night. His sister is due to arrive in October too shock

CheeseAndSprinkleys Mon 23-May-16 07:03:53

Do you have a black out blind at the window? This helped when mine did this when they were this age.

Strawclutching Mon 23-May-16 07:23:00

If it helps bringonsummer since our baby arrived our toddler only wakes a couple of times and now wakes at 630! I should have had a second earlier.

Fraggled Mon 23-May-16 07:32:08

No advice just sympathy. 5am is a lie in here with my 2.5 year old! I've tried everything but she is just programmed this way so I just go with it and have lots of early nights.

CarrotPuff Mon 23-May-16 14:20:18

DS went through this phase. For 5 months. I was pregnant at the time as well... confused Then after New Years he decided he doesn't mind sleeping till 6-6.30. We didn't do anything different.

He's starting to wake up early again, although today he woke up at 7.30! He never does it on a weekend though...

Sukistjames Mon 23-May-16 17:26:51

Sent DH to buy a blackout blind today. Hoping it works because I really need more sleep!

Sukistjames Mon 23-May-16 22:00:40

So I've put a blackout blind up and it's lovely and dark in there! It was a pain to go up though - it's one of those travel ones that suction to the window. Let's hope it works!

Sukistjames Tue 24-May-16 07:39:50

6.30 this morning! Back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now