Talk

Advanced search

7 week old waking after 2 minutes

(1 Post)
Leicfox1 Thu 19-May-16 15:58:08

Hello, just wondered if anyone had experience of this and knew the cause. My 7 week old boy used to nap during the daytime for 0.5 - 2 hours at a time, but over the past week has been waking himself up after only a couple of minutes. The longest nap he now has is half an hour, 4 to 5 times, and he has these little 2 minute naps maybe 15 times in a day. It seems like I'm spending the whole day trying to get him nap. I should add that this doesn't happen at night, just during the day, I think because he sleeps so lightly during the day but deeply at night. The health visitor suggested that it is colic and trapped wind stopping him from settling, and to use comfort milk and gripe water (we were already using infacol, starting comfort milk today). Just wondered if anyone else had experience of these extremely short naps (he really does seem asleep for those 2ish minutes!) and what caused it. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now