Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop 10 month waking

(16 Posts)
HollyC255552 Wed 18-May-16 20:20:06

...every couple of hours throughout the night? She cries out, & is rubbing her eyes so i go in pop her dummy back in then this will all happen again in a couple of hours sometimes only 45 mins/1 hour ish. Most nights i bring her in with us after a couple of wake ups, however this doesnt make any difference whatsoever. It so draining - especially when she is up for the day at 5:30am & i'm back at work part time confused

HollyC255552 Wed 18-May-16 20:26:24

P.s - i should add she has been a poor sleeper since birth & she doesnt appear to be teething either.

fluffikins Wed 18-May-16 20:31:23

No effing idea. We're in the same boat so thought I'd just show solidarity. My friends with olds babies say it does pass and often in conjunction with them walking and dropping their second naps. Fingers crossed!

TeaBelle Wed 18-May-16 20:34:20

Could you give up the dummy if she's waking for it?

HollyC255552 Wed 18-May-16 20:46:02

Glad i'm not the only one, thanks for replying fluff - there is some hope things will improve one day then.

No not really considered ditching the dummy i feel a bit mean taking it away when its her little comforter but guess i would have to when she gets too old anyway.

TeaBelle Wed 18-May-16 20:47:49

Dd never had a dummy but would wake 5/6 times a night to use my boob as 1. I stopped bfing and within 2 weeks she was going through the night 13 hours straight

fluffikins Wed 18-May-16 21:02:08

How did you stop bf?

sophree Wed 18-May-16 21:13:00

Had this problem with DD 20 months. HV advised putting her into a bed instead of cot, did this at 14months has slept "like a baby" ever since! Well sometimes she will wake once in the night but settles much easier than before! Wish I had done it sooner. Feeling like a human again, now I get full nights of sleep gringrin

WorkingBling Wed 18-May-16 21:15:23

I don't know why but around 9 or 10 months a lot of babies seem to get worse. You can google nine month sleep regression. Dd was a brilliant sleeper. At 10 mo the it all went tits up. It has got better and better but we have not yet got back to the glory days of her sleeping 13 hours straight!!!

TeaBelle Wed 18-May-16 21:19:22

Did self weaned in the day at about 9/10 months so with night feeds dh did bedtime for 2 weeks to break the habit. She went to bed like a dream from day 1 whereas she had previously been feeding to sleep

HollyC255552 Wed 18-May-16 21:27:00

Thanks Soph its weird how a bed can suddenly change things for the better. Great news! Bet it feels AMAZING having a full night sleep. I can only dream.

Glad things have got better bling even though its not back to the 13 hours. I guess i will just have to stick it out in the meantime.

fluffikins Thu 19-May-16 06:22:15

I've been very tempted by the bed idea as she seems to hate feeling 'caged' but at 10 months I think she'd just fall out. Hopefully she'll seem more capable at 14 months!

tiredybear Thu 19-May-16 09:40:47

My LO was also a frequent waker and got worse around 10 months, then he had a hideous phase of being awake and inconsolable for hours from around 1am....but the phase passed and now, he sleeps!

He's 13.5 months now. He's just woken once a night (around 3am) for a feed for the last few months. Occasionally he'll wake once more but is easy to settle.

There IS hope...hang on in there xx

fluffikins Sun 22-May-16 07:04:14

that's good to hear! My dd is waking for hours in the night and I'm so hoping it's a phase that passes and suddenly she'll sleep through grinhmm

InsaneDame Sun 22-May-16 12:33:11

Mine went from waking 3 - 4 times a night to suddenly just sleeping through one night and has done ever since..... he was 22mo though..... sorry! They all there but some take longer than others.

Nan0second Mon 23-May-16 19:52:07

Ditch the dummy. You'll have 2 nights of misery and then she will stop waking for it.
Google object permanence.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now