Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heat & sleep clothing

(6 Posts)
sophiaslullaby Sun 08-May-16 19:23:48

I think I'm really over-thinking this but going to ask anyway -
My DS is 6 months, his room is 22'c despite all my efforts to cool it. As he suffers with eczema he has to wear a cotton onesie with hands covered (silkmitts) so no chance of putting him in a vest. He has a 1 tog sleep bag but he was sleeping in this (plus his onesie) when the temp was 19'c.
I've just put him down 'as is' in his onesie and plan to tuck a thin blanket over him when he's asleep.

Does this sound reasonable? I just find it a bit strange, as if i haven't fully put him to bed. But as I've typed this he's spent 10mins wriggling about, no noises, and is now asleep so can only be bothering me more than him.

I have been awake for 15hrs now (not normal but bad night!), am over-tired myself so might explain why i can't seem to see through this seemingly simple dilemma. :-/ he was a winter baby see so I'm used to having to heat things up!

winchester1 Sun 08-May-16 19:28:48

Sounds fine neither of mine have used much bedding since being in their own room as it tends to be hot all year round (log burner or lots of sunlight through big windows)

DiggersRest Sun 08-May-16 19:33:08

Dd2 is 7 months and she's in a long sleeve vest and grobag but I've got the ceiling fan on and it's generally a cool room so I'll probably turn the fan off when l go to bed.

catsofa Sun 08-May-16 19:37:24

Sounds fine to me. If you want him to wear less maybe you could cut the legs off the onsies, just leaving the poppers in the crotch so they'd be like vests at the bottom but still have

catsofa Sun 08-May-16 19:39:29

...still have the mitts for his hands (pressed post too soon sorry!)

sophiaslullaby Sun 08-May-16 20:26:42

Catsofa - that's a great idea! Doing it tomorrow.

Thanks all for your feedback, I feel annoyed because I usually go with my own instinct but I let myself get overruled by all the baby-info online/in books that tell me otherwise. I'm feeling more confident now. He's used to very cool temps, 17'c (as a newborn he slept under our cold window in Nov, frequently woke to temp's of 11'c) So today's heat has made him very grumpy and upset. Popped head into him and he's snoozing away, bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now