Talk

Advanced search

7 week old frequent waking second half of the night

(3 Posts)
Littleoakhorn Mon 18-Apr-16 13:37:10

My lovely, relaxed 7 week old baby self settles for all his sleep. However at night he sleeps 8pm - 1:30 ish am, then wakes again every hour or two until morning. He doesn't seem hungry at all, he screams and wails, flumping on my shoulder between screams as though he'd rather be asleep. Feeding him does calm him down but he doesn't wake up with hungry cues at all, unlike the first feed of the night. Then we repeat this an hour or so later until it's time to get up.

His older sister was the same and we were told it was wind but nothing helped until she grew out of it at six months old. She got far worse before she got better and I really can't face all that again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? Is it just normal, is it wind, is it something else?

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 18-Apr-16 13:41:09

I have a 7 week old who was doing this in the evenings - we figured out it was indigestion! He is a hungry little thing but actually needs feeding little & often rather than in one go. Easier for me because I'm expressing (long story!) so I can see how much he's having in a bottle. So instead of 200ml or whatever, I give him 90ml, wait for 20 mins, another 90mls etc.
Gripe water is helpful for windy tummies too.
Hang in there!

FifiFerusha Mon 18-Apr-16 14:30:29

i used to call this the afternoon of the night. My DS did the same. The phase passes. .hope this helps. I just fed him back to sleep if at all possible. He stopped by about 3 or 4 months to two specific waking times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now