Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance -sleep backtrack

(1 Post)
firsttimemum15 Sun 17-Apr-16 07:05:56

Hello

My little one hasn't done too bad at sleeping. I feed her to sleep and she's started going to sleep between 8.8.45/9pm.
I'm trying to pull bedtime forward to 6/6.30pm so the feed starts by 7 ish. Doing this has resulted in sleep at around 8.15pm

I was always wary of telling people how she slept for fear of it back firing. But when she first went down I'd get nice chunky sleeps of 6/6.5 hours.

She's 15 weeks now (she's 4 month at the end of this month) but has started sleeping only in 3/4 hour stints for the first part of the night and 2 or 3 hour stints after that.

She wakes at 6.30 like clockwork almost but with this new pattern doesn't seem ready to get up then.

Has anyone else experienced this? I go to bed when she does so I'm getting less sleep and shorter bursts.

Just looking for reassurance really.
I have a bedtime routine for her which is transferable. This different sleep pattern started when I went to my parents for 4 days I'm back now and it's continued but don't know if that was just coincidence. I use scent as part of our routine to create similarity and I kept everything the same while away. I always do same bedtime story and song etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now