Talk

Advanced search

9mo, woke every hour to hour and a half, any clues to why?

(5 Posts)
FifiFerusha Fri 15-Apr-16 09:38:46

Oh no, it is all going terribly wrong. My DS has started to refuse to self settle and last night woke constantly. All he needed was a fivd cuddle and rock and he would go back down. He doesn't feed in the night anymore but offered a feed four hourly ish in case it was a growth spurt but he wasn't interested. He didn't sound in pain, teething etc.. He did wake at 4 am as though it was morning but had to rock him for 40 mins and he woke for the day at 6am. I also have a lot of pain in my right leg because of the rocking and now it hurts to even carry him so I don't know how I can keep this up. Bending over cot and shhing also hurts but it just annoys him anyway. Is it time for CC? Any experiences of this with an LO who constantly stands up in their cot much appreciated. This was not my ideal way forward as have spent months perfecting other methods but I am desperate now as I can't physically do this.

I seem to be constantly on here at the moment. This seems like the worst phase yet. Is it separation anxiety?

Any advice much appreciated x

Argh, to top it all off we are going away for the weekend. .mm, should be funsad

FifiFerusha Fri 15-Apr-16 09:39:23

Five minute cuddle. .sorry

FifiFerusha Fri 15-Apr-16 23:27:27

..and it is happening again tonight. Gave cal profane to rule out teething. Just waiting for 45 mins when he may wake again. Not happy. .anyone know what might be going on? X

Cakescakescakes Fri 15-Apr-16 23:31:12

Like everything I would say it's just a phase. If he isn't in pain,unwell, teething, dirty nappy etc then just try to ride it out. Sometimes when they are in the brink of learning a new skill sleep can be disrupted as they just want to practice eg crawling , standing etc.

If he is ok and not unwell etc then just keep lying him down, say night night and leave the room. My DC were bf so I always tried a quick feed to settle them too.

This too shall pass - that's your mantra.

Cakescakescakes Fri 15-Apr-16 23:32:46

And get a black out blind if you don't already have one. I just have the gro ones that you stick up and down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now