Talk

Advanced search

6 months old - waking 4-5 times a night

(5 Posts)
Jenna007 Fri 15-Apr-16 08:24:43

Hi, we seem to be battling on the sleep front with Our 6 month old who wakes up about every 2 hours throughout the night. I can't leave him without a swaddle because then he wakes himself up every hour... confused

Any tricks / recommendations or books anyone can suggest as I am absolutely exhausted from continually getting up through out the night?

He is not a big sleeper during the day and sleeps about 45 minutes when he does nap.

we currently put him to bed at 8, and then he starts the first wake up at about 11pm.

Thanks

Thataintnoetchasketch Sat 16-Apr-16 08:57:28

Is he wrestling out of the swaddle after two hours? Or getting up to feed? My DS wouldn't settle at all in a grobag & woke himself with his hands on his face constantly - we bought a woombie and that helped hugely - we were suddenly sleeping 9 straight hours. He's completely regressed since then but now teethings the problem - he still sleeps longer in his woombie than without it though.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 16-Apr-16 09:00:39

Is he waking for a feed or just to be swaddled again?

Jenna007 Sat 16-Apr-16 11:11:21

He wakes up and starts playing with his feet; rolls around, hitting himself In the head with his hands and also to feed. He gets frustrated if I swaddle him but it's the only way, or he is too disruptive while he is trying to sleep.

Thataintnoetchasketch Sun 17-Apr-16 10:53:05

I think my DS tolerates the woombie better than a swaddle because he can move his hands around inside - he likes to clasp his hands under his chin but can't get them up to his face. I'm dreading when he outgrown a them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now