Moses basket troubles...

(2 Posts)
princesspineapple Wed 13-Apr-16 07:31:10

Before I start i should point out that DD is only 3 weeks old so I'm not expecting miracles or a full night's sleep at this point (although it would be wonderful!) just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if you have any tips?
In the daytime, DD naps like a charm. We have her moses basket in the lounge and you can pop her down and she will either lay there happily awake until you come back, or have a little fidget then sleep smile
As soon as bedtime gets here, she will not sleep in the basket! I've tried leaving her and treating it the same as in the day but she grizzles and flails her arms and legs about then resorts to full blown screaming sad
I've tried white noise, cuddling to sleep then putting her down, rocking the basket on the stand, a dummy, stroking her, swaddling, shushing, singing, lights on, pitch darkness... I don't know what else to do! I've had 45 minutes sleep tonight as the only place she'll sleep at night is on my chest and I'm terrified of squishing her in the night because I'm so sleepy!
Has anyone else experienced this? Any pointers? I'm exhausted.

Zaurak Wed 13-Apr-16 09:00:20

Time will fix it. If she's happier next to you why not try a sleepyhead? Ours would go in the Moses basket st all but he would go into the sleepyhead between us in the bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now