Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Naps, Naps, Naps

(4 Posts)
HollyC255552 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:06:50

Will my 9 month old DD ever nap longer than 30 minutes???????

FifiFerusha Mon 11-Apr-16 21:31:32

There will be light at the end of the tunnel. My nearly 9 mo always had 35 min naps and in the past few weeks one of his naps is an hour to an hour and a half, the other 35. It used to be a long morning nap but he has swapped this round now. I spent months stressing over this, trying to extend naps. I should have just waited in hope( although I am still keeping my fingers crossed that he won't regress).

What are your DD's awake times. Mine can go over three hours now and a longer awake time mid day has helped to encourage a long nap despite my fear of OT. Does she sleep well at night? X

HollyC255552 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:37:52

Thanks Fifi - thats great news for you. My DD can manage 3 hours or more now, yet when you think by that time she would be tired & sleep for longer she doesnt. Night time sleep has always been bad right from day one, still waiting for that to improve too. So frustrating!

TooMinty Mon 11-Apr-16 21:46:09

My DS2 used to nap for exactly 40 minutes each time. I can't remember when it changed but he's now 18 months and has one 2 hour nap after lunch usually. He still stirs/snuffles after 40 minutes but usually stays asleep now. It's annoying when they wake up grumpy because still tired but won't sleep for longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now