Too much sleep?

(3 Posts)
sepa Mon 11-Apr-16 13:55:52

I am genuinely concerned about how much sleep my DD has. She probably has maybe max of 6hrs awake per day. She is 5.5weeks old.
My mum said I was a very sleepy baby but can't really remember how long I slept for.

Should I be concerned by this? I keep getting told 'wait till she hits 3 weeks' then 4 weeks then 5 weeks etc but I wouldn't say she has all of a sudden woken up.

She is very alert when she is awake.

I am already aware of the 4month sleep regression. When I discuss in RL I don't think people take me serious when I say this actually concerns me and I just get told to enjoy it while it lasts.

Does anyone else have this with DC?

peardroplets Mon 11-Apr-16 15:02:58

This sounds totally normal! Google the infant sleep information source at Durham uni. The site has a chart on how long on average babies at each age sleep. There is a lot of variation but 18 hours a day is normal!

Ps I wouldn't worry just yet about the four month regression. Not everyone experiences it x

sepa Mon 11-Apr-16 15:52:25

Thank you for your reply!

I know I sound ungrateful (especially when people struggle to get babies to sleep for an hour) but it is just as fustrating/worrisome as a baby sleeping too much.

I will google the sleep information you have suggested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now