Am I confusing my baby?

(6 Posts)
Nicwaye Sat 09-Apr-16 05:14:17

Hi my baby is 10 weeks old and from birth was a noisy sleeper, grunting and straining so my husband and I do split shifts to get some sleep. He keeps her downstairs until 2 ish whilst I go to bed then he brings her upstairs and I take her back downstairs for her next feed around four so he can sleep. I'm just wondering if all this moving her around and not having her in a constant quiet darkened room is confusing her and setting us up for a fall later when we try and put her in her own room ? We have tried having her in our room a couple of times but neither of us got any sleep?

Coconut0il Sat 09-Apr-16 22:04:41

At 10 weeks I would carry on doing whatever gets you the most sleep. DP would often take DS2 downstairs so I could get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. He was such a noisy sleeper during the second half of the night, grunting and groaning! Luckily he's grown out of that but even now at 7 months if he has a bad night DP will take him down for a bit if he's not at work the next day.

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Apr-16 22:07:22

I totally agree with coconut. You will lose your mind if you don't sleep. 10 weeks is tiny.

GeorgeTheThird Sat 09-Apr-16 22:11:05

Do that you need to do. But I'd keep the lights off downstairs, yes.

Onthedowns Sun 10-Apr-16 16:11:18

Does she have any issues during the day? Only because my son who is 5 weeks has silent reflux and spends all night doing the same thing, he can't lie flat either on his back

Nicwaye Mon 11-Apr-16 09:25:55

Hi she's not as bad during the day.. But the doctor said she might have silent reflux? She seems to be worse between 3am and 7 am?? Have you found any miracle cures??wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now