Talk

Advanced search

Can't cope much longer

(7 Posts)
LaceyLee Fri 08-Apr-16 01:02:06

Visited a friend today whose young baby only wakes twice in the night. My 16 mo wakes three or four times and for the last 3 nights has extended one of those night wakings to last more than one hour, with me going in every 10 mins to comfort (this was our sleep consultant's plan). We have also night weaned. Last night after being awake for 1.5 hours she woke up again after 1 hour ish. I am on my own with her during the week and I'm on holiday from work at the moment but i am literally dreading going back on Monday... I have had a nasty cold all week and feel like crap....That's about my 7th cold of the year plus a gastro bug and a throat infection (all of these picked up through dd from nursery - so she's had them too poor thing). But now it's been well over a year and I've not had more than 3 hours consecutive sleep and usually more like 2 hours. I can't cope much longer and feel like my health is suffering. Cannot be good for dd either. Does anyone else feel like this? I've tried virtually everything to help with her sleep including a sleep consultant and nothing seems to work for long so just having a rant really :-(

Purpleboa Fri 08-Apr-16 01:10:13

No advice I'm afraid - 9 month sleep refuser here - but wanted to say you are not alone. It's awful isn't it? Absolute hell. Know what you mean about visiting friends with better sleeping babies. You can feel so alone. Sending flowers

DangerMouth Fri 08-Apr-16 05:00:01

Dd2 slept amazingly until about 12 weeks and now at 6.5 months it's gone to shit since then. I'm up for hours with her too. I feel pretty broken even though l did it with dd1. It's making me depressed quite frankly.

During the week I've started to go to bed at 8.

Zaurak Fri 08-Apr-16 12:15:24

No advice but more flowers from another broken mum of a non sleeper.
It's utterly exhausting. Nothing we have done works - the doc today told us to try controlled crying but I'm just not keen.
It's hard. You're not alone - there's lots of us out there! Should be an 'arrrrgh! It's 3am and I'm about to break down' ongoing thread on here

Purpleboa Fri 08-Apr-16 19:36:24

Join us on the 'sleepless of Mumsnet' thread or the High Needs Baby Support thread. Lots of us in similar situations.

LaceyLee Fri 08-Apr-16 19:50:46

Thank you everyone, feel a bit silly for writing this now but I do wonder I will cope when I've been awake for over an hour in the middle of the night!! Nowadays I also struggle going back to sleep after that which is rough! Not sure if she's high needs but certainly harder work than friends' babies. Completely lovely as well of course... I will definitely check out the sleepless thread, thanks purpleboa

wallywobbles Fri 08-Apr-16 20:07:35

I'm going to give my standard advice. Do whatever it takes to get enough sleep. If that means co-sleeping do it. Listen to no ones advice do what you need to do to survive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now