Talk

Advanced search

At end of my tether with baby's sleep!

(6 Posts)
Crapmummy2016 Mon 04-Apr-16 02:51:56

My five month old baby wakes up at some point every night and is just wide awake flapping arms and legs etc. Nothing I do seems to get him back to sleep and I am feeling really frustrated.
It's already been an hour tonight. I can't sleep through it as he is either whacking me or jogging the bed. He also starts whining a bit sometimes.

I've tried feeding, white noise ( which usually works), patting etc but no he is just wide awake! I can't take many more nights like this as this wakeful period is on top of several other shorter wake ups, so I'm getting so little sleep!

Has anyone successfully sorted out a problem like this?

Zaurak Mon 04-Apr-16 03:53:12

Mines the same. I haven't had more than one hour of sleep for months now. I am very, very close to the edge. flowers

MooningIntoTheAbyss Mon 04-Apr-16 04:13:06

Mine is 18 month and we have near nightly 1am wake ups lasting invariably til 4/5/6am.

Then Dd wakes at 7am and the day starts with no nap time for Dd so I am literally the walking dead.

I want to say it gets better, as it did with Dd m. She was a horrible sleeper but eventually she slept easily and all night. But DS is not getting better. And I have no clue how to make it better

Crapmummy2016 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:47:24

Ugh not what I was hoping to hear.

daisydalrymple Mon 04-Apr-16 11:56:22

What are his daytime naps like? Times, lengths and where does he take them? What time is bedtime and does he go to sleep ok then? Also does he have a grobag or covers? How long has he been doing it?

I don't have magic answers by the way grin I'm on my third non sleeper! But just wondering if it's a developmental thing (ds1 used to spend an hour in the middle of the night giggling and touching his toes when he learnt that skill hmm ) or if there's anything you could tweak with daytime naps, bedtime routine, bed covers etc?

Crapmummy2016 Mon 04-Apr-16 12:54:02

Daytime naps can be random but generally a short nap an hour after waking (7ish) then another short 20-30 min nap late morning, another nap early afternoon which can range from 30 mins to 4 hours, and another short nap around 5pm. All either in bouncer or out in pram.
Sleeps in bouncer from 7.30/8ish until I go to bed around 10. Starts in side sleeper but ends up in my bed. Tried putting him to bed but he sleeps for 20 minutes then wakes up.

These night time wakings have been going on for a month or two now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now