Talk

Advanced search

Bed sharing, never slept through, feeling so low

(5 Posts)
Mrsbrightside123 Thu 31-Mar-16 12:32:21

My baby boy is 8.5 months old. He naps great in his cot during the day, one 45 min nap and one 90 min nap. Sometimes another little 30 mins in his pram. He has a good bedtime routine and goes down in his cot around 7pm. He wakes anywhere between 10.30 and 2am and screams like mad until I take him into bed with me, has a bottle, another about 3am and then he stays with me where he sleeps till 7am. We have done this as he has severe silent reflux and it was the only way to get any sleep, he's never slept through the night and would wake hourly in is cot. This was all working fine for us until this week. He is now crying all night and thrashing around in bed with me, calling g slightly for ten mins, just whimpering but then crying again. I'm just so so so low, I'm exhausted, morning st everyone, fat, sad, crying just a bloody mess. I just need him to sleep. With me or without. I just don't have the energy to sit up all night resettling him in his cot just now he gets hysterical and I can't take it. Please help me

Zaurak Thu 31-Mar-16 14:02:10

No advice, but flowers from a fellow sleep deprived mum at the very end of her tether.

Eminado Thu 31-Mar-16 14:07:33

Hey
Fellow reflux mum here. At 8.5 months and assuming he is sitting up, the reflux really should be under control. Can you get his meds/treatment plan checked?

Re thrashing and not settling, my (limited experience) guess is teething or developmental milestone ahead - do either fit?

I am so sorry you are so tired,

Eminado Thu 31-Mar-16 14:07:58

Sorry posted too soon flowers for you

Huffs123 Fri 01-Apr-16 01:55:22

Another one with a nearly 9 month old. I'm sat rocking him in his chair hoping he will go back to sleep at nearly 2am. This sleep regression has hit us hard. He also sleeps with me, and wakes me up rolling about, trying to sit up and crawl. It's exhausting. He's got reflux too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now