Talk

Advanced search

Is this due to the time change?

(6 Posts)
sophiaslullaby Tue 29-Mar-16 19:09:37

My DS is 20 weeks and goes down to bed at 6.30/7pm, he's grizzle for about 5-10mins but nothing major and then drop off to sleep. However tonight he's having none of it - nothing was done differently, can only thing that it's because his room is lighter and because of the time difference. In his mind it's 6pm not 7pm. But then he gets up at the same time i the morning (7.30am).
I've already been in once to console and ended up giving boob again. Will have to go in again as wailing his head off. Oh and now dinners ready and I have massive headache. What do I do?!?!?!?

Believeitornot Tue 29-Mar-16 19:13:13

Did you adjust his day gradually for the new time? It took us a few days with the DCs to get them used to it. Plus decent blackout blinds.

sophiaslullaby Tue 29-Mar-16 19:45:05

Not really.... but then Sunday we'd been out & got home late so his bedtime ended up being half hour later than normal anyway. Yesterday he was pretty awake -started "chatting" / laughing as I read his bedtime story but went down to sleep eventually with no drama and both morning woke at normal time so I was beautifully naive to the storm that was brewing!
You've made me think now....he is just too awake.

How do I do it then? His normal bedtime is 6pm start routine, 6.4pm in bed. (Guess I should be able to work it out myself but so sleep deprived I don't know if I'm coming or going!)

Believeitornot Tue 29-Mar-16 19:59:51

We moved it by 20 mins a night to the new time over a few days. Although they were such bad sleepers it was an overall annoyance in the grand scheme of things and we clung to what routine we could....

M

sophiaslullaby Tue 29-Mar-16 20:16:59

Ok, I'll give that a go. It gives me something to cling onto. Could explain why he woke SO early this morning (3am) and then didn't properly go back to sleep. Ugh, and then have to do this all over again in the Autumn when the clocks go back, he'll be nearly a year old.
Thanks for your help :-)

Believeitornot Thu 31-Mar-16 17:58:12

Good luck! It gets easier when they get older, although didn't stop me worrying at the time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now