Talk

Advanced search

Baby will on sleep in my arms!

(8 Posts)
Gingerbiscuit22 Mon 21-Mar-16 11:48:29

Hi all

My little girl is 2 months old and during the day she will only sleep in my arms, unless we are out and then she will sleep in the living buggy or in the carrier. She's okay at night and sleeps in her Moses basket. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to get her to sleep not on me in the day, as it's making it very hard to get stuff done around the house?

Thanks

graysor Mon 21-Mar-16 20:13:02

No tips I'm afraid, as my 3.5 mo dd is the same. She will only sleep in the sling during the day (or occasionally the pram). But she is fine in the crib at night. So I'm keen to hear any advice you get!

MargaretCabbage Mon 21-Mar-16 20:23:50

My DS had all of his naps on me (unless out in the buggy or sling) until he was nine months old, sorry. He slept fine in a Sleepyhead at night but could never transfer him in the day! I just tried to accept nothing was going to get done and enjoy the cuddles and some time to watch TV/Facebook.

The only thing that helped was swimming lessons once a week - he'd happily snooze for ages anywhere after a lesson.

Gillian1980 Mon 21-Mar-16 21:26:12

Sorry, no tips as its the same here... DD is 7.5 months and sleeps like a dream in her cot at night but will only have daytime naps while cuddling, in the car or out in the pram.

SweepTheHalls Mon 21-Mar-16 21:28:40

I go out with the pram at nap time, then Park the buggy in the lounge and get the jobs done grin

Gingerbiscuit22 Mon 21-Mar-16 21:44:32

Sweepthehalls I've tried that, but the second I get indoors she's wide awake again!

SweepTheHalls Tue 22-Mar-16 14:35:26

Well my suggestion won't help! Sorry!

Gingernut81 Wed 23-Mar-16 17:10:56

I'm so glad this isn't just me! I've been feeling like a right failure as DD will only nap on me for decent stretches!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now