Talk

Advanced search

help with my jetlagged baby

(4 Posts)
waitingforsomething Tue 15-Mar-16 12:29:20

DS is 8mo and we've moved to Singapore. Been here a week and every night DS has gone to bed as usual at 6.30/7pm as tired following usual routine. After the first day which didn't go normally of course, we have kept to his usual routine of a short morning sleep and a slightly longer afternoon one where possible. He's eating at usual mealtimes and self settling for bed. However, every single night he has woken between 8 and 9pm and been unable to re-settle himself. We have tried milk and water which he hasn't wanted, cuddling, patting and stroking his back, holding his hand and leaving for 10-15 mins at a time. eventually after a lot of shouting and stress he goes back to sleep after 2 hours or slightly more. He then sleeps the rest of the night and doesn't want to get up in the morning . We always wake him at 7am to start the day and get him on track .
Dd has caught something horrible so she is up with that and DH and I are wondering how to get our eveninfs back. In the UK he sometimes woke in the early hours but almost never in the evening. Can someone suggest anything?

lemon101 Tue 15-Mar-16 16:27:43

A bit of soothing white noise? I have an app called baby soother and ds (and me!) go off pretty well to the sounds of waves. Good luck!

lullaby23 Sun 27-Mar-16 13:04:33

Hi waiting also in Singapore waves.
When we came back from uk hols it took DS (then 4 months) about 2 weeks to fully recover from the jetlag so I would say you are doing well so far. Totally feel your pain though.

Getting him up at 7 as you are will get him back in the routine make sure he gets daylight first thing (although the air quality is going downhill at the moment hmm).

It will pass, hang in there.

ViolaMummy Sun 27-Mar-16 20:46:30

Sounds like you are doing great. Apparently as much evening light is supposed to help as well as getting daylight first thing.
Hope it gets better soon and DD recovers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now