Talk

Advanced search

Caffeine and breastfeeding - when will my hell end?

(7 Posts)
Marzipants Sat 12-Mar-16 02:41:57

Breast fed 4 month old is having an all night party. She's normally not a terrible sleeper, but I think the problem is that I forgot I wasn't a normal person any more and drank a coffee at 4:30pm.

Clearly I am being punished.

At the moment she's lying in bed gumming her fists and blowing raspberries. She's happy, but also noisy.

Anyone know how long she'll be high for?

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 12-Mar-16 03:42:45

Monday. grin

Not really. But now if I say 'the morning it doesn't sound as bad...

Marzipants Sat 12-Mar-16 08:48:00

grin

Just after I posted I thought I may as well put her in her cot, thinking that at least if she had a cry it might wear her out. Terrible mother.

She happily gurgled to herself for ten minutes and then fell asleep FOR SIX HOURS. I feel like she's doing psychological trials on me. grin She must be on MN.

Effiethemonster Sat 12-Mar-16 09:11:32

I doubt it was the caffeine, just normal baby tomfoolery!

CornishDoll82 Sat 12-Mar-16 10:14:41

I slowly started drinking more and more caffeine until back to normal levels and it had absolutely no negative effect!

Glad you got some sleep

JanetOfTheApes Sat 12-Mar-16 10:17:10

A coffee would have made zero difference. It doesn't turn breast milk into espresso.

Purpleboa Sat 12-Mar-16 16:10:57

Yeah I don't think caffeine has anything to do with it! Ok so there will be a small amount of babies who are caffeine sensitive. But I think unless you're chain drinking the espresso, there's nothing to worry about! I avoided caffeine for the first 3 months but now DD is almost 9 months, and shows NO sign of stopping breastfeeding, my two coffees a day are the only thing that keep me going...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now