We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

(Semi) irrational resentment of husband

(4 Posts)
SouthernComforter Wed 09-Mar-16 09:37:11

Not a cry for help - just a moan!
4mo is having a bit of a sleep regression and so is 2.8yo. To 'help' me husband gave 4mo some formula at about 11 last night and then went on with him. So baby and husband slept uninterrupted until 7 while I had to get up at 5 to express from painfully full boobs and then 2.8yo started climbing out of cot from 5.25. I was just dozing off at 6.45 (toddler was back in cot and quiet) when husband came in to tell me baby was awake and hungry. So he got the decent sleep and is now working from home with his frothy coffee whole I'm still knackered and have a baby to entertain.

Tbh he's used to semi -irrational resentment, mainly for escaping to work and getting to eat porridge in peace on the train, for having lunch breaks in which he can go running and for expecting to have a crap in peace!

Mummamayhem Wed 09-Mar-16 09:43:23

When you're sleep deprived such resentment is entirely justified. Competitive lack of sleep arguments don't get you anywhere but still. My DH used to wake me to give me a drink (Id get quite dehydrated from breast feeding) oh how I raged!

trebleclef101 Wed 09-Mar-16 11:00:48

Competitive lack of sleep arguments

LMAO - sounds like my house! I feel irrationally annoyed every time my DH says he is tired when I'm the one dealing with all the night wakings because he has to get up for work in the morning.

I go back to work in 3 weeks, he's going to get a shock when the tables are turned grin

sophiaslullaby Wed 09-Mar-16 13:03:30

:-) Just got off the phone to DH (who works full time), he's saying he's tired (he had 8.5hrs sleep last night, i was up 3x with DS) and he's feeling just bit out of sorts....I had to keep quiet as no one wins at 'competitive lack of sleep arguments'.
No one's ever going to win unless we do a week in each others position (DH would have trouble breastfeeding though :-D).

I know DH is having a really tough time of it at work, he is doing his hardest to bring in extra money now my pay's dropped and on top of it all I'm the one seeing my son roll over for the first time, do all the quirky funny things babies do etc. all that precious time I know my DH is upset to be missing so although yes it's bloody hard work, I know my DH would trade places in a heartbeat some days. And for that I try not to get resentful when he says "I'm so tired after 8.5hrs sleep" !!....shock (I just give him the look!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now