Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime for 7 week old

(2 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Sun 06-Mar-16 12:33:12

My 7 week old DS has managed to find himself a sleeping routine, however he's got day and night confused!!

Typically he will be up for the day at 7:30 for a feed and change and then will sleep until lunchtime. After a feed and change he will have maybe 2/3 hours awake and then sleep until 7/8ish. After another feed he will then stay up till gone 11!!

I've tried bath, feed, dark room, sleepy songs, rocking to try and bring bedtime earlier but he is reluctant for an earlier bedtime.

Shall I leave him and let him do what he is doing at the minute and hope things get better when he is bigger or should I be trying to wake him more in the day?

MrsAukerman Sun 06-Mar-16 12:36:58

Try taking him outdoors both morning and afternoon. It helps melatonin (?) production which is necessary to establish normal sleep patterns.
Keep lights low from 6 or 7pm and not in the day. He's only little still and also don't forget as soon as you have this sorted he'll go and change!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now